Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Returning to Regular Programming

I have just finished adding all the photos to the nine days of riding. Have a look.

The last three days have been really hectic, catching up on work and emails, getting ready for end of month (again, so quickly?) and preparing data and a presentation for the wagyu conference. I've also been anxious to update sliprail and catch up on my 365 - although it won't take long as I'll just paste the maps and a few photos from the nine days of riding.

In other news, Meg had a rather disastrous camping experience at Oktoberfest and nearly floated away on her mattress! Total opposite to my recent camping experience. I'm not sure now that I'll ever get her into a tent again! We finally caught up with her tonight, on skype, now that she's back in London and has access to the internet again. She heads to Bristol tomorrow to stay with Chris's relatives.

Drew has been to Montreal and now begins the rather large task of completing all the paperwork for his Students on Ice trip. There's a lot to do!

Mandy had a little boy on Monday - Harry Kenneth R, 9lb 1oz.

The Spring weather (and my ride) has improved my outlook and I'm looking forward to getting back into the permaculture garden now that Winter (and her moods) are gone. I once had a friend who said she used to struggle a bit through the Winter; perhaps I'm the same.

I'm looking forward to our Melbourne trip mainly because we're heading to Echuca on the Sunday for a one night stay (sandwiched in between a farm walk and two feedlot visits). I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO GO TO ECHUCA (I even had visions of going there and staying before I met Gibbo) and now that little dream is coming true for me. I love the vision of the paddleboats on the mighty Murray; I made sure the motel I booked was really close to the port so I can slip down in the early morning and take photos. Who knows, I might even skip the second feedlot visit and treat myself to a little trip on a paddleboat!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Congratulations Mare on your wonderful achievement. You are an amazing woman.
Lovely to see your photos, and yes it did look rather chilly some mornings.
I'm envious of your trip to Echuca. Ever since seeing 'All the Rivers Run' I've been keen to board a paddle-steamer myself.
With or without John Waters captaining it.