Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 2 - Yelarbon to Texas

65km to Texas; we were one of the last groups to leave the campground!! Breakfast was ham and cheese croissants, porridge, cereal, muesli, bread, tea and coffee. Morning tea at 23km at Glenarbon Lutheran Church;
 lunch at 40km at the entrance to Whyalla Feedlot (see-it doesn't matter where I go, there's a feedlot!). Salad rolls and a lolly python!



We got to Texas at 1pm, found our bags and put up the tent in a few minutes. I had a more pleasurable shower experience today - a cubicle to myself! Soon we're heading for a massage then dinner of spag bol, salad, mud cake and cream.

Our clothes bags!
 My tent bag - my old backpack that I took overseas 27 years ago.....still as strong as it was back then.
 Campground at Texas.
 Our tent is the aqua one.
 The luggage truck has spilled it's contents.
Last night was absolutely FREEZING - coldest night of Kat's life!! We had a lot of clothes on. There was a heavy frost this morning; I have some great photos of ice on our bikes. These pics are of the morning we left Yelarbon.





Today's ride was good; a headwind at times but I found a really good rhythm in the last 25km which was great.

I'm having a great time. We have a challenging day tomorrow, 100km with lots of hills. That will test us. The rest day on Tuesday will be welcome! Kat leaves on Tuesday to go home.

And today is my birthday! Messages from home and abroad (my babies) made my day! And my massage that starts in 40 minutes is from Kat, along with a hot rocks massage voucher for when I get home. I'll need it by then!

No comments: