Sunday, September 4, 2011

Rome, Vatican, Sistine, Trevi

I wondered why the kids had planned to spend so much time in Rome. Then Meg told me of all the sights they visited. No wonder they needed all that time.

That was a Calzone (pizza folded in half - it was huge) and yes I paid. I've been meaning to write you a big long email detailing all that, and the fact that everyone, especially Chris, was really grateful and said thank you, but we've been really busy. We have a few days in Rome but there is so much to see. On our first night we saw the Trevi fountain but we need to go back during the day (today). On our first full day we saw the Coliseum and did a tour of Rome, on the second full day we did a tour of the Vatican and Sistine chapel and St Peters Basilica, and today we're going to do the Trevi fountain, Spanish steps and some other fountain Chris wants to see. So, not much rest nor sleep ins. I've been checking Skype to try and catch up with you but you've not been on when I have, or the time is whack.

You aren't allowed to take photos in the Sistine Chapel, and even when I sneakily tried to take one I got caught. We went through the museums around the Sistine Chapel and they were amazing. There is this one rooms which is full of hand painted maps which are a few hundred (maybe thousand) years old, and they are amazing.

I didn’t realise the Vatican was technically a separate country!!!


 Meg's steak at Chris's birthday dinner - made her father proud!!


No comments: