Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Week

Gibbo took off Tuesday for a 4 day CQ trip, to catch up with what's been happening up there. We keep in constant contact via email, text and phone to keep on top of the never-ending stream of requests, questions, forecasts and re-forecasts. One more re-forecast to go then that's it for me; the new managers will do their own from then on and I will only be responsible for one, not three. G already feels like a weight has lifted, so that's fantastic.

I finally completed the ESTA requirement on-line so that when we hit the US they'll let us in; I also organised the medical insurance and wondered about getting some US dollars - then I went to the travel drawer and found $267 in notes that the kids must have brought back with them - score! Thinking about my wardrobe and what clothes I've got available to take makes me think I'm going to be the daggiest looking person on the beach but I don't mind.

The weekend has flown again. Yesterday, G's Brisbane Golden Oldies team played his local GO team; it's a great opportunity to get in an avalanche of sledging. I went to town mid morning to help prepare lunch for the masses two teams and handful of supporters; I watched for a bit then did the grocery shopping, came home and continued unpacking the "pretty things" then went back into town for dinner with the teams. The local team emerged victorious which fuelled more outpourings of abuse light hearted camaraderie! The best thing about the day (for me) was catching up with Gabrielle and Les and a few of the crew from the 2010 festival in England.


Today I took the goats up to The Compound and moved the 23 silkie chickens up there as well. When we get back from our holiday I'll split them into cockerels and pullets, leave the boys up country and bring the girls back down to civilisation....and I'll start planting the vegetable garden without having to worry about Pepper and The Marauders eating everything as I plant....as long as the fence holds.

I made more jam too but was very disappointed (and annoyed) to open the two strawberry punnets purchased on Friday to find a number of strawbs had mould and fur growing on them.

I've been watching The Voice (now that there's no Austar there's a whole lot less football on the screen) and really enjoying it - especially Ricky Martin! He is full of beautiful words and passion!



1 comment:

Fiona said...

I've been watching and really enjoying The Voice as well, which I didn't think would be my cup of tea at all. And what's this American trip, have I missed something?