Friday, December 14, 2012

What We've Been Doing

Since my last catch up there's been plenty happening. I've been sick with a nasty cold that lasted a week. We had a big clean up which has really freshened the joint up. We had a friendly degustation bbq with a group of Japanese men. We went to Brisbane for a planning meeting and picked up 182kg of special beef in 11 cartons to bring home and distribute. We did more budget work. Georgia came to stay. Meg and I cooked jam and chutney and made laundry liquid for our Christmas hampers.

This is what I have to put up with in the kitchen.....

NIGHT TIME.....


DAY TIME......


The chutney.




I had to leave it cook down for a good while; it was pretty liquid.


The finished products.


The visitors came and stayed and liked what they saw. I'm sure they'll like living here. We had a small staff bbq and a changeover meeting the next morning. I caught up with Kat after her trip to New York with Lucy (instead of going to Schoolies). She bought me this from Milwaukee - Laverne & Shirley territory. Those of you of a certain age will know who I'm talking about. My children will not.


We are supposed to be on holidays, me until Dec 24, Gibbo until January 2. He worked yesterday and spent today fencing at the farm. I worked this morning and then took my Dad to Twba for his 6 monthly defibrillator check up. We went down a bit early so I could buy the last few gifts on my list. I parked him in a comfy chair outside the entrance to Myer and told him not to go anywhere! I collected him an hour later. We ended up being early for his appointment so settled in to read books we'd taken with us. This apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Meg bought this ridiculously cute little whatsit - his head wobbles gently from side to side when he's exposed to light.


We cancelled our regular week's holiday at the coast and will spend it working at the farm. Drew arrives home early Wednesday morning so we'll make yet another journey to the airport to pick him up.

No comments: