Sunday, December 16, 2012

The Tie-Wire Girl

Back to the farm this morning, early, to avoid the 37 degree heat later in the day. I finished off the tie-wiring, my thumbs recovering overnight. When I finished I went back to the house and watered the very dry gardens and sat quietly on the steps, watching the water and thinking about Meg and Drew; Gibbo dug strainer post holes in numerous locations with the post hole digger, ready for the next fencing job/s. This photo is not well compositioned (I know Megan, I know) - I don't really have a tree growing out of my head.


I was also the map girl. I'm so versatile. I drew this ages ago, from memory, and today drove slowly and pulled up here and there, got out and walked around to make sure I had it right, with gates, tanks, fences and troughs in the right places. It's funny how you imagine something then realise it's not quite how it looks in yours mind's eye.




Drew gets on a plane tonight in Chennai, 11.15pm local time (3.45am our time) and lands in Singapore at 6am local time (8am our time). He's inching his way home again.

No comments: