Monday, December 24, 2012

The Homecoming

There's a number of titles I could have used for this post - She's Back; The Prodigal Returns; Merry Christmas Meg. All would have been suitable but the one I ended up using seemed the most appropriate.

Last Friday a lady said to me, "Your goat is cooked, when do you want her back"? My goat? Want her back? Actually, I thought she'd gone for good; obviously not because she arrived here this morning, early. Meg was in Twba so missed the arrival. I met her in town later and we travelled home together. I sent Drew a message when we were at the front gate; he raced out with the camera and hid in the goat hut. As we drove up the road I asked Meg to park out the side so that I could hide the plant I'd bought my Mum. She was waffling on talking about photographing stars in the night sky and was quite oblivious to anything around her. We pulled up; I asked her to move forward a bit; she looked at me strangely and saw that I was weeping (just a little); I told her to look up - and she burst into tears!! "Look who it is", she cried. We both got out and went to welcome Peppie home. I didn't realise quite how much Meg has missed Pepper but today proved it.

So Pepper is home again; and on the look of her stomach, she's brought triplets with her! Still 3 months to go until Meg needs the birthing kit again. This time she might really have her hands full!








Oh hello, what do you have there for me?


Ooh, it's my favourite - fresh tipuana branches!!


Now if that same lady asks me when I want Peach to come home I'm going to run a mile and pretend I didn't hear anything (won't need to pretend too much).

No comments: