Friday, December 14, 2012

A Little Break

I gave myself a little holiday from blogging. Sometimes after a full day at work, juggling schedules, putting out fires and managing Gibbo (now THAT's not easy), the last thing I feel like doing is coming home to sit in front of a computer again. Well that's not entirely true - I do feel like doing it but I'm just too tired. And then there's my 365 journal. Now that's a real commitment, that one! I had thought I'd just make one for the year Drew was away, which turned into the year that everyone went away! What a time hey? It would be difficult to top a year like 2011 for travel and broadening one's horizons (except mine of course! Momma stayed at home)! When I quietly voiced the thought that I might not do one this year, the kids were horrified. So I print small photos, collect and keep ticket stubs, receipts, business cards, coasters, bits of material - anything that has a connection to something that I or we might have done on any particular day - just to glue into my book. This is how this year's book is looking. I had thought I might not do one in 2013 - except we're moving to the farm so of course I'll have to continue.






No comments: