Friday, December 14, 2012

The Things We Do

Somehow, a little reluctantly, we I have become the local area coordinator for the student exchange program that Drew went on. Their head office rang and emailed asking if I'd be interested in being the LC for a student who arrives in January from Italy for a 6 month stint at a local high school. There's a lot of reasons why I didn't want to do it and not many for the affirmative; however, long story short, here I am, all official like. I thought I wouldn't need to do much except meet up with the student on a regular basis to write a progress report but upon reading the handbook and looking at the online orientation of 30 or so topics, it seems there's a little more than I anticipated. Then, within a few days of saying yes, I received a request to conduct an outbound student interview, which I did yesterday. The things we do.

No comments: