Monday, January 16, 2012

Two More Sleeps

Only two more sleeps. Until. We. See. Drew. I can't wait; I can't believe it; I keep getting teary; I can't explain the feeling. Only a mother will know what I mean. After 356 sleeps, I'm down to TWO!

Meg saw the school principal in town on Saturday morning. He told her to tell me not to cause a Federal Incident at the airport this week. As if. As if I would. As if. Hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's gonna be flat on his back with me jumping up and down on his chest!!! That is if he sees me when he walks through the door. Meg didn't. She looked left, then right, then left again and completely missed me standing right in front of her!! I had to whimper for her to see me!

We got a phone call Friday night from the residential college that Drew applied for. The voice said that Drew was a hard person to get in contact with; is he planning on taking up his university offer in 2012; is he still wanting accommodation at *** college? Oh, yes please, we accept!!! I've been hanging out for that phone call since July.

Chris has completed The Overland Track one day early so he and his Dad camped at Lake St Clair tonight and will catch the pickup bus tomorrow. They didn't need to use the tent until tonight as they managed to stay in the huts all along the way. He said it was hard work but it was really good.

Tomorrow we're going to have a second look at a little farm not far from here. The first visit didn't really light my fire (but did Gibbo's) so we're going back to see what sort of a feel I get after a second visit.....

No comments: