Friday, January 6, 2012

The First Week

Here we are at the end of the first week of the year. Only 51 to go! We're back into the swing of things. Meg is home from her first week in Tba and it all went well. It looks like it could be a permanent move which is great for her. Gibbo did the usual; drove to CQ to visit with the guys up there at two places and to do the PDR's and early planning. Chris and I were home keeping things ticking over!

Chris went to Toowoomba last night to see some friends (and Meg of course). I had a nice quiet wine and watched some tv. I had put a t-bone steak out on the bench for my dinner; when I went to cook it I discovered half of it gone, eaten up by that pesky cat! After telling my story to anybody who cared (they actually all found it to be quite hilarious) they proceeded to tell me what they had had for dinner - Meg had shepherds pie and garlic bread followed by ice-cream in waffle cones; Gibbo had roast pork at Goonoo and Chris had Hogs Breath! I ended up having honey on toast!!!

Kat and I went out for a leisurely 25km ride and blew out a few cobwebs. She cracked me up when she said, in reply to my comment about taking it easy, "well we don't want to do a PB on our first ride together since CQ".

Gibbo played tennis last Sunday with the Country boys for the first time in ages. We dropped him off on our way over to Kat's to check out her very shiny, very nice, new kitchen. We picked G up on our way back. He was devastated to report that, over beers at the conclusion of the evening, the talk revolved around bread making, yoga and thermomixers!

Drew's time in Antarctica is coming to a close. I feel sad for him that it's ending but I'm keen to see what impact the experience has had on him. I wonder at the effect of it all on one's outlook on life. I'm down to 12 more sleeps until I see him in the flesh! 12!!

Meg and I will be busy on Sunday preparing nibbles for a farewell party that evening for some friends who are moving to Barcaldine. Otherwise not much is planned for the weekend; some grocery shopping, some gardening - planting some new spinach and parsley and some horse manure spreading; and maybe a little creating - something I saw when I was on holidays and really liked but not at the price it was on offer. I thought I'd have a go at making one myself. If it turns out ok I'll post a photo.

No comments: