Sunday, January 8, 2012

Saturday No 1, 2012

Nothing much changed on our first Saturday of the year; we're a fairly predictable bunch. Routine is normal. Some might even (occasionally) call it boring. We walked - sans goats; they tend to be a bit naughty.


Upon our return, the goats were desperately starving, as always. That's routine.



A watermelon grows - I guess that's something new.


One of the red hens had 5 chickens. That's definitely routine around here.



Peppie gets help to reach the tipuana.


Lots of help!


Collecting eggs and picking veges...............


and making them into a delicious breakfast. I like this routine.


Planting more veges, some for us and some spinach for the chooks.


I bought some lavender; I keep trying but it keeps dying. Another routine.


An exercise session on the lawn yesterday afternoon was certainly out of the ordinary. Not sure if the show of strength will become routine though! This wheel looks innocent enough but it delivers a nasty surprise. Just ask Gibbo. It's not as easy as it looks!


Poofy joined the workout; being a handsome fellow is such hard work!



The multi coloured capsicum are coming along.


So are the "personal pumpkins", cute little veges just the right size for a small space as the label advised. I thought I'd try them for something different and they've done well. How they taste will determine whether I grow them again.



The tomatoes have been attacked by all manner of pests including black four leggers (another routine). They looked pretty in the afternoon glow.


Definitely routine - eggs in the Barnevelder laying box!


The bouganvillea that hangs over the entrance gate to the Barnie pen is so heavy with flower I need to crouch down to get into the pen. I've thought of cutting it back but it's so pretty. Soon enough the flowers will drop off; I'll cut it back then. For now I just enjoy it.




No comments: