Saturday, January 21, 2012

Tears and Laughter

We left home at 9, picked Mum up and headed to Tba to pick up Meg. I drove. Just outside Tba I realised I'd left the Welcome Home Drew sign at home.........and burst into tears. A quick phone call to Meg, a quick dash to the newsagent and she fixed the problem!

Just outside Brisbane, Drew texted from the tarmac in Sydney! He'd landed!!!! Half an hour late!!! He was still on the plane!!!The chances of making his next flight were very slim - he tried, but didn't make it to the transfer desk in time...."I'm sorry Mr Gibbons but you're too late to book your luggage in. We'll put you on the next flight in an hour"...........what's another hour after so long anyway? We pulled up on Nudgee Road and had fish and chips.

We arrived at the airport and parked and headed across to the terminal to wait. Half way there I realised I'd forgotten the second Welcome Home sign so I ran all the way back to the car to retrieve it. In the terminal we waited and watched the escalator. Waiting....waiting....watching legs appearing at the top of the stairs and waiting to see bodies as they came down. Finally, there he was!!! WARNING - the next fifty (!) photos record those first twenty seconds or so of Drew and me greeting each other. Meg was so good on the camera, recording it all!!

























Ahh, home at last!!

No comments: