Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Another Journey

Woke up at 2am, anticipating. L emailed at 6 to say Drew had left the house; he rang a while later - goodbyes said, bags booked in, boarding pass in hand.


A five hour flight to Vancouver. Another phone call. He'd found his gate. A three hour wait. Slowly, slowly he's making his way to us. I've been checking the flight status - late taking off from V which makes the Sydney connection even tighter than it already was! Fifteen hours for this leg....but not long now.

He couldn't help himself in Vancouver - he announced on fb that he was on the way. Some of his Canadian friends had already posted goodbyes - some of them were so sad they made me cry, especially one of them from a friend who didn't know he was leaving today...... I really need to toughen up a bit......so the news was out there.

I spent the morning in town doing jobs and then we went for the second look at the farm; Andrew came with us this time. It's grown on me a little but enough to want to buy it and live there? Still not sure. I see the sense in buying it and I appreciate it's positives - house, good yards, laneways, pasture, rotational grazing set up, sheds, old dairy, aspect - but do I see myself there? Again, not sure. Had better make up my mind though.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I am so excited for you Mare.