Monday, December 20, 2010

Water Water Everywhere

Meg went to work this morning and only just made it through the floodways. She drives a little car that makes you feel like your bum is dragging on the ground (compared to my white beast anyway). Drew went in later to see S and B and took some photos of the flooded creek that runs right through the middle of town. Big rain at the Bunya Mts overnight meant the town was in trouble. To cut a long story short, Drew picked Megan up and they came home; the water had risen considerably since this morning.

Some idiot decided to go rafting down the creek and got into difficulties. Three SES volunteers took the boat out to rescue him and got swamped by the raging water - then there were four. They had to wait for another boat to come from Chinchilla before being rescued.

I cleaned out the pantry and another little cupboard tonight. I just can't believe how much crap we accumulate in our lives. If I lived on a mountainside in Peru, all I'd need would be a cooking pot, a cup and a ladle. And a blanket. And my kids. And Gibbo. And a pet of some sort, perhaps a llama. And maybe my iPad. Actually, definitely my iPad. The other three beings in the house are starting to avoid me. Every time I turn around, one of them gets a job. They're not making eye contact with me and are talking quietly amongst themselves. I know they think I'm on the warpath. And they're right. I need to get some order re-established around here, and quickly too, before the hordes descend.

Am trying to load photos but blogger isn't listening to me tonight.

Anyway, gotta go and lock my chooks up then do two quick sewing repair jobs on tops of Meg's. She wants to wear one to work tomorrow and the other to the court house Xmas party tomorrow night. She made good use of her extra hours at home today by making 60 baby patty cakes and the walls and roof of her gingerbread house. It's looking good so far.

No comments: