Sunday, April 25, 2010

What's Been Going On

I had intended doing a permaculture update but when I looked at the photos I thought they were rather poor so I scrapped the idea. The update can wait.

We've been busy since I was last here. Last weekend we went to Weis' for a social club feast and I went to see Andrew on Sunday. I got some tailings from his sheep pens; Mate uses them in his garden so I thought I'd get some for the PC garden. You'd think with 15,000 cattle I'd have enough manure but I'm open to something different.

Gibbo went south to inspect and purchase some wagyu. Chris went to Brisbane on Tuesday to drop off more resumes at architect offices. Meg worked hard all week to finish the two assignments for her Masters degree. Drewy went to school!

Friday was a holiday here for our local agricultural show. Gibbo helped R cut down trees at the local state school. Drew ended up working on the Pony Club BBQ Stall for 10 hours both days of the show. We took chooks in for judging; we came up against each other for Champion Bird of Show, Gibbo with a wyandotte pullet, me with a Silkie rooster - a first time event for us! Neither of us won overall best bird but it was good to see our birds out the front - and a friendly bit of rivalry never hurt anyone!

Meg and Chris went to Brisbane to catch up with Uni friends. They're due back tonight.

Today Drew and I paid our respects to the Anzacs at the dawn service and later at the town march.

No comments: