Sunday, April 11, 2010

PC Update

The root veges are flying as are the cherry tomato plants. The fruiting veges (those that you eat the fruit of ie cauli, broccoli, cabbage) etc are too.

Mint and coriander.
I won't know which are cauli, broccoli and cabbage until someone grows a head; they're all planted in together.

Zucchini
Station 1 from above
I'm letting the wild sunflowers grow to head so I can pick them for the chooks.

Artichokes
I think I have blossom end rot - well not me exactly - the tomatoes. That's what an internet search suggests. In my garden it is most likely caused by a combination of lack of calcium, too much nitrogen and inconsistent watering. I removed all the affected fruit and left the 20 - 30 unaffected fruit on the plants.

I'm still not sure about the Barnies as my PC cultivators. I'm tending towards something smaller, maybe bantam wyandottes or OEG's. Gibbo is thinking of getting out of his Crele wyandottes - which are the ones I like the most. There could be an opportunity there :)

No comments: