Thursday, July 25, 2013

In No Particular Order....

In no particular order, this is what's been happening around here. I took this photo....


minutes later, there was this!




Calendula.


Afternoon Tea Time at Camp Crazy - yes, they all come back for a feed and drink before bed. They all sleep together in a little pen; it's a very warm and cozy arrangement. I managed to capture them all at once - 5 x OEG, 4 x white silkie and 6 x black silkie. One day soon the silkies will have to act like adults and go into the big pen but for now, they spend all day free range; they're delightful to watch.




I made the first compost pile and it warmed up for a couple of days but has now gone cold. An injection of very fresh screened feedlot manure is required I think. That'll sort it out.




I finally have a couple of days off. This morning I did some more cleaning up of the Tank Garden; amazing what half an hour of raking can achieve. I went to lunch with a friend then came home and did another round of spraying of winter weeds. I managed to do an hour of sorting box contents in the little lounge room and ended up making a bigger mess than what I started with. Much to my surprise it appears that the person with the most "memorabilia" that needs sorting/packing away is actually ME, not the children. There's some old, old stuff in there!




More poppy love.


A funny shaped beetroot - but that's ok.








Henry and his 6 wives; hopefully none of them will be beheaded.


Tonight I drew the plan of the permaculture project. Tomorrow I will take pencil and paper to the area and make any necessary adjustments. I'm looking forward to the weekend when the mapping out begins.

No comments: