Friday, July 6, 2012

This Week

Monday Gibbo flew to CQ to attend a bull sale. He bought 30 or so. Drew went to the farm and did some fencing and tree dragging. Meg was in Tba. I worked.

Tuesday Gibbo flew back from CQ and drove home late. Meg was in Tba. Drew went back to the farm and finished the fencing and tree dragging. I drove down there after work and did some gardening. We (I) didn't feel like cooking so we went to town for dinner and drinks (much to Gibbo's disbelief and Meg's envy).


There was a frost. We usually only get 4 or 5 each winter up on the hill; this week we had 2.


Wednesday Drew got his semester results - 3 x 6 and 1 x 4 - for a GPA of 5.5. Very respectable, congratulations Drewy. His Young Endeavour kit arrived - backpack, hat and sailing gloves.

Thursday I rode 35km; fabulous. Then Drew and I went to Tba to meet up with Meg and buy some "going out" clothes for Drew for his birthday. Meg (personal shopper/stylist extraordinaire) chose wisely. She also ended up choosing wisely for the young man in another cubicle in the dressing room (his mother asked Meg for her opinion so Meg gave it freely). Then we went to Maccas for food and coffee. We laughed 'til we cried. I nearly spat my coffee all over the two of them as they sat opposite me. Naughty children!! What!!! It was a great night.




Friday we worked. Meg came home. We've got a big day planned for tomorrow. Drew worked. I wish my head would stop ringing.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I'd already heard where Gibbo spent his Tuesday, happen to know some vendors who would have been most appreciative of his presence. What leg of the Young Endeavour adventure is Drew doing? I know a young girl who is doing the Airlie Beach to Mackay stretch.
Have a lovely weekend.