Thursday, July 19, 2012

And Today He Set Sail

Drew flew to Proserpine then caught a shuttle bus to Airlie Beach. He found the ship and then found some other crew members. He sent photos and lots of texts and is pretty excited to set sail (tomorrow). He met a girl who said, "My mother told me to look out for you" and he said, "My mother told me to look out for you too!". It's a small world hey Fiona?

This is his home for the next ten days.


His bunk. I asked him if the red straps were to strap him in at night so he didn't fall out of bed in rough weather. No actually; that's his harness to wear when climbing the rigging. I don't know much about sailing! I see the sleeping bag made the journey safely.


It was sunny when he arrived at the marina.


Then the clouds came over.




Meg thinks she was in the White team when she went in 2004!




2 comments:

Fiona said...

Isn't it a small world!
Wishing them both a wonderful adventure. And a safe one.

Ainsley said...

It is indeed a small world! Found your blog tonight Mare, thanks Fiona!! I wonder how they're going out at sea, not too seasick I hope...having a blast, I'm sure. Have you checked out the Captain's Log on the Young Endeavour site?