Saturday, June 25, 2011

Twelve Days

I've been absent from sliprail for twelve days due to a variety of reasons; cold, tired, busy, apathy, brain drain and travelling. Life has gone on, plenty has happened, nothing exciting. I organised a birthday gift for Drew from half a world away, had a hearing assessment, won some ribbons at the local poultry show, been for a bike ride, gardened, celebrated Gibbo's birthday, been out for dinner, been to Toowoomba and Brisbane, been volunteered as the treasurer of the poultry club and am currently sitting in the car at the cricket at Yarraman (where Gibbo has blown a calf muscle and is hobbling around the stumps filling in as wicket keeper).

I'm going to catch up in haphazard order.

After a fair amount of discussion and researching (and a strong Aussie dollar) I decided to buy Drew a new camera for his birthday. I googled a camera store in Ottawa and sat up late one night (well actually I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 1.30am) and rang them and was put through to a very nice young man called Nick. Nick and I proceeded to correspond back and forth over the next few days until I had the paperwork and transaction completed; Lianne very kindly offered to pick the camera up. We all contributed - Mum, Mate, Chris and the three of us so it was a real family present.

Lianne emailed and asked for some recipes of Drew's favourite foods so I sent her the Thai Chicken Mince Balls, Honey Soy Chicken Wings and Pavlova.

NSW won the second State of Origin; so what??

I took my half day off then went to Toowoomba for my hearing test - left ear is much the same as 12 months ago, right ear slightly worse. I chose a hearing aid to test and I pick it up on the 30th.

I cooked two lots of mince and a batch of patty cakes for the local poultry show. Meg decorated them!

No comments: