Saturday, June 25, 2011

Another Very Special Day...

Just as June 3 is a special day in our family calendar, so too is June 25. On this day 18 years ago I gave birth to a beautiful bouncing baby boy - all 9lb 3oz of him - at 6.30pm after a vicious three hours of labour during which I nearly broke Gibbo's thumb off his hand. The doctor quietly suggested to the nurse that she keep on eye on him.

Meg was at Grandma's, eagerly awaiting the birth of her sibling; she was most distressed when Gibbo showed up there without mother and baby. When she came to visit me later in the hospital she said, "It's ok how you look Mummy, really it's ok". I didn't know what she meant until I looked in the mirror later and saw that I had burst hundreds (thousands?) of blood vessels on my face with the effort of bringing young Drew into the world.

Now he's taller than me and lives on the other side of the world!

Happy 18th Birthday Drewy........WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments: