Saturday, June 25, 2011

Eggs for Breakfast

Each morning Poofy does the rounds of the chooks with Gibbo then comes with me to my side. He sniffs for mice under the feed bins and in the lemongrass (if he manages to sneak into the permy garden without being seen). He is the world's most enthusiastic (but worst) mousecatcher - for every one he gets he probably misses three. He has fun though!

He knows he'll get an egg or two from me each morning and he knows I keep them in my coat pocket; he looks at me, searchingly, going from one hand to the other, his tail wagging madly. He just knows! He takes them from me ever so gently and then gingerly cracks them open so as not to let too much of the contents spill out. He carefully licks/sips/sucks the yolk and white until the inside of the egg is totally clean. Then he licks his chops and looks encouragingly for another one.




No comments: