Monday, June 13, 2011

Excited at the Cricket

OK, so I did it again; I went to the cricket, this time in Caloundra. It was a three way comp between Qld, NSW and Vic. We left early on Saturday so as to get there in plenty of time to inspect the pitch :). Everyone remembered the unspoken rule about NOT wearing your whites to the game. 

Previous experience has taught me to arm myself with plenty of reading material to stave off those plentiful occasional moments of boredom. I came well prepared. I also took the latest Earth Garden magazine and my 50 Marathons in 50 Days book and my pillow and blanket. I wasn't about to be caught out.
At a break in play, I walked to the nearby shopping centre and found a new bowl to replace my old favourite that the cat knocked off the bench overnight during the week. 
This was my view for most of the afternoon. I thought we were back in England where they play in all kinds of weather. I had a little sleep and read A LOT! Gibbo made 40 retired not out, took two wickets - and the team lost. We finally left at 5pm. It was a cold and rainy and dark trip home.

No comments: