Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Weekend

Friday night saw Gibbo, Megan and I go to dinner for my birthday; Drew was at a 17th birthday party. We went for dinner as Gibbo was leaving for Bris at 5am on my bday to play cricket and Meg was going tree planting for National Tree Day. I insisted on going somewhere that served garlic prawns and I got my own way. At 8pm I had to go to school to "supervise the perimeter" at the school social. My contribution consisted of chatting to other parents and having a cup of tea.

On Saturday Gibbo left early for cricket and Meg left to go planting. Chris and I went to town and had morning tea with Mum and Drew. The kids cooked dinner on Sat night - chicken parmigiana and fresh salad.

Today Kat came for morning tea while Lucy had touch training. It was great to catch up; I hardly see her any more. We had baby quiche (that overflowed but were the tastiest I've ever made) and condensed milk cookies. They were good.

I bought some material to make a skirt for the wagyu conference dinner. I can't keep wearing the same outfit every year (well I guess I can and fashion doesn't really interest me but even I'm sick of it). I've worn the same thing to every formal occasion since I can remember and I really think it's time for a little bit of an update. Will post a finished photo if it turns out ok. I haven't sewn since Meg's last ballet concert in 2005 except for taking up pants and jeans for short people.

Here's a closeup of those boots.
My favourite plant.
The dwarf lemon tree I got for my birthday.
Rosemary at Sunset.
Freshly planted coriander.
The cake Meg made for me - a garden with lettuce, strawberries and cabbage.

We did some more garden work - mowed the middle of the driveway roundabout and pulled more weeds. Gibbo isn't back until Tuesday night.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Absolutely love your cake. Very you!

Pleased you got your way with the garlic prawns, we actually had them for tea Friday night as well, even though Matthew considers them bait!

Love your Rosemary, I must plant some. (I actually thought it was lavender at first glance).

Have a good week.