Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Six Weeks

Six Weeks. That's all the time left for me as a School Mum. After 18 years I will no longer be tied to the regime of lunches, uniforms, backpacks, homework and holidays. No more assignments and exams. No more critical literacy or analytical essays. That's it. Just like that. I really don't believe it yet. When the realisation comes I think it will hit hard.

The Seniors put in their QTAC applications on the last Thursday of term. I received several phone calls asking for opinion and details. Should I do this? What's your middle name? What year were you born? All these details were required so that I can change preferences if I'm needed. Drew said he looked around at one stage and there would have been 15 kids on their phones talking to their parents!

QTAC application in order of preference:
Bachelor of Creative Industries QUT
Bachelor of International Studies (Japanese) UQ
Bachelor of Arts UQ
Bachelor of Environmental Management (Natural Systems and Wildlfe) UQ
Bachelor of Creative Arts (Theatre) USQ
Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedics) QUT

I'm not sure where choices 4 and 6 came from.

We now wait until mid December to see what OP he gets, which course he gets into - then we defer for a year.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Exciting times Mare ... at least for Drew.
I remember only filling out 2 choices on my QTAC form and being called in the Counsellor's Office and having to give reason.
I explained that if I didn't get into at least Option 2, I may as well come back and repeat Year 12.

Looking forward to hearing about Canberra.

Fiona