Thursday, December 31, 2015

3 Days at the Coast

On Monday we drove to the coast and booked into an apartment in Broadbeach for a 2 night stay. We decided to stay an extra night but couldn't book the same room so moved 100 metres up the road to another place for the third night. Meg came with us and we met up with Drew who was already down there. Now we're home again with still a week and a bit off work; well, the kind of work where we go to the office at least.  We've got plenty planned on the farm to get through in the next 10 days or so.

At the coast we did a bit of shopping (I'm revamping the doona/pillow case/sheet decor for all 3 bedrooms), a bit of eating, a bit of drinking, a bit of poker, a bit of surfing and a lot of nothing at all! I can't say I'm feeling rejuvenated and relaxed and ready to leap into 2016 but it's been good to have a few days away.










The surf was very rough this morning. I stood watching Drew swim, just like I did when he was a little boy! I was the only person wearing jeans on the beach.











1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Have a wonderful new year...health and happiness for you and your family.