Friday, January 1, 2016

This Is Not A Resolution

We had a quiet night; didn't see the new year in. I can't remember the last time we did! Peter, Andrew and Mum came for coffee and to show us the boys' recent fishing expedition videos. I started spring cleaning (in summer) and got the new covers on the kids' beds; they look nice. I had a little afternoon nap and read for a while. I just pottered around, doing this and that, getting things back in order. Tomorrow we have the local races; not a big fan of the race track but I'll go for a while.

I don't make resolutions but I usually have a feeling of anticipation for what the new year might bring. I don't have that feeling this year; I'm too tired. Being away over the last few days in a different environment freed my mind and allowed me to think of other things.  I need to adjust the work/life balance to be more evenly spread; I really don't want another work year like 2015. I made a list of things that I'd like to start doing or do more of. In no particular order they are:

  • RIDE MY BIKE
  • write down my expectations for the year so that I see them every day
  • re-vamp the house decor; it's looking tired; nothing major, just a tweak here and there, re-arrange the pictures to different rooms, move the vase to a different place, bring a plant inside, change the hanging lights
  • get out in the garden more often
  • start the 365 journalling again but this time make #morningmissm the subject; helps satisfy my creativity yearning
  • book a monthly massage
  • take a beginners yoga class
  • take a spin cycle class
  • plan a new kitchen for 2017
  • practice drawing/painting a cow head; design one of my own
  • go hiking regularly to The Bunyas nearby
  • listen to music more often
  • read more books
  • write more; what? doesn't matter. just write.
  • meditate
  • take a cruise (our bi-annual holiday plan); book a cabin with a balcony; tell Gibbo after I've booked that I got a balcony room
  • go to Woodford Folk Festival 2016

So there it is in black and white. My new life! I'll re-visit the list monthly and see how I'm going. By the time December 31 comes (when I'm at the WFFestival) I hope to have crossed off most all of them!

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

I like your list Mare.
Hoping 2016 is kind to you.
Happy New Year to all the family.