Saturday, January 9, 2016

Let it Rain

On Tuesday, 5th, we woke up to the beautiful sound of rain on the roof (even I could hear it)! It rained all day. All. Day. It was just too wet for outside jobs. Still on holidays I laid in bed reading my book. Until 2pm. Unheard of! The boys were catching up on some tv viewing; I figured I was using my time just as judiciously - reading - but instead of sitting up in a chair I was propped up in bed. I was supplied with tea and coffee and lunch!
















Drew ducked out for some chives for the crispy skinned pork belly that he prepared for dinner.


Getting wet.


Our tank runneth over.


The orchard trees loved the drenching.


The Wild Area; still messy, still needing a tidy, still a work in progress.










All. Day!

1 comment:

Fiona said...

All. Day!
That's wonderful news Mare ... what a start to the year!
We also enjoyed a beautiful 5 inches at the beginning of the week, though the stinking heat since is quickly evaporating puddles! Unfortunately not so lucky at Bottle Tree though the year is young! Here's to many more wet days spent reading books.