Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas 2015

We had another lovely Christmas. We always do. I don't get excited and I don't give it too much thought until about 3 weeks before when I think I'd better start or it won't happen! I always get there in the end.

This year we went very minimalist with the tree. We had some new IT gear delivered and I snavelled this pallet.


I talked to our work colleague, Jude, and gave him a vague idea of what I wanted and he took it off to the workshop. Within an hour he was back - with this!! Perfect! Exactly what I wanted.




This year Drew wasn't with us on Christmas Day but he came home for a few days just before. We had a nice dinner and exchanged gifts.




As an extra present Meg hit him in the nose, accidentally. We think. She looks sorry. Kind of.




 On Christmas Day Coco found that last year's outfit didn't quite fit this year.


We had our usual Christmas fare with a couple of old favourites making a comeback (those details to come in another post).  Our menu of roast pork, roast chicken, ham, stuffed eggs, beetroot & onion, chicken wings, pasta salad, potato salad, special salad dressing and wombok salad followed by a deviation in dessert this year with the usual sticky date pudding being replaced by mini pavlovas with cream, fresh fruit and mango ice-cream ensured we all left the table suitably satisfied.


A little bit of everything on my plate.


My big brother, my little brother, my mother, my father, my husband and my daughter!




I'm not a Star Wars fan but I'm a definite Yoda fan. He reminds me of a time long ago. In a galaxy….no, no, just joking!


Grand-daughter, Grand-dad. The only one he's got.


Andrew is 4 years younger than me.


Meg got 3 paintings; the same but different.


The kids gave us a large canvas of a favourite photo; Drew from his trip to Indonesia and Meg from hers to Egypt.


Twenty-one years ago we started a small brangus stud. During that time I had a property sign made one year for Christmas. It said 'Gentech Brangus'. We eventually got out of that breed and traded cattle for a few years so the sign sat alone and forgotten in the shed. This year Gibbo had it remodelled, with new words, by our colleague Jude (the man of the pallet christmas tree) and it looks fantastic. I was thrilled when I saw it. (We may need to get Jude to shave the hump off the bull but that's ok)!


We all had a little rest in the afternoon and talked about what a lovely day it was. Just like it always is!

No comments: