Sunday, December 27, 2015

Eeyore

A few weeks ago we swapped one of our little berkshire gilts for a British large black. We made sure the journey to Killarney and back was a comfortable one for the travellers both ways. Once we caught our girl we covered the trailer with two layers of shade cloth; it was a hot day.




Lunch. British Large Black chops. Delicious. Have I ever mentioned that pork is my meat of choice. I think I have.


Our gilt meets her new friends.


The new gilt gets comfortable for the journey home.


Isn't she beautiful?




We called her Eeyore - for obvious reasons.




We've just moved one of the berkshires down to the cattle yards to await the birth of the next litter. She's quite comfortable. Poor thing doesn't know what's in store!




1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Eventually we'll be moving out to the in laws....and my husband is planning on getting pigs when we do....we are also talking goats and alpacas...