Saturday, June 7, 2014

To Market To Market

This morning we went over to Nanango to visit their monthly markets; it was pretty amazing. We had to go over to put shavings in the cages in the poultry pavilion in preparation for the Qld Wyandotte Show next weekend (more on that later). We went a bit early to attend the markets; so glad we did! Three hundred and fifty stalls spread across the show grounds - so much to see although we didn't really give ourselves enough time to cover everything; G enjoyed fossicking amongst the old tools and there were lots of chooks, guinea fowl and turkeys under cover. We bought honey, lemon butter and apricot jam.      

I bought a desert rose.


A Transylvanian Naked Neck; no, I didn't buy one!




A beautiful winter's day.


A forbidden (but oh so good) dagwood dog; yes, that is G in the background.


I bought this shirt for $15; it's a Mare kind of shirt.


Afterwards, we went to the local supermarket and did some of the shopping for next weekend. The show has attracted 320 entries; we are doing the canteen - and when I say we're doing the canteen I mean that we're taking the ENTIRE canteen with us! I've written a very detailed list and started gathering gear and cooked a carrot cake slab tonight that I'll freeze.

Then we went to the poultry shed and helped the Pres put the shavings in the cages in readiness for the arrival of the birds. I had drawn up a pen plan and I needed to check that it matched the actual. 

We have a huge week ahead of us; there's the small matter of washing and drying 31 birds over the next few days; we have a work colleague staying for 2 nights; I have to take my Dad to Twba one day and then pick him up the next for further assessment of the tumour on his bladder; G has to go west for a day and I have more cooking and baking to do. Then we will pack up as much as we can (including chooks) and take a load over next Friday, come home, then go back over early Saturday. In amongst all that I need to find time to work (!) in a job that has become much busier in the last little while and where I find I can only keep on top of it if I work 10 hour days. 

Meg headed off on a cruise today with her other family; she was very excited! They are sailing on the same shipbto the same destinations that we visited in March. I look forward to hearing all about it when she returns.

No comments: