Sunday, June 22, 2014

Number 33

Lack of time and internet reception means the next few posts are a flurry of catchups.

Back-tracking a little - Tuesday (10th) we washed the precious large whites and finally got to bird number 33, a silver laced. The whites have an extra rinse in Bluo.


Number 33!


The week went on. I left home at 4.20am on Wednesday 11th to pick up my Dad and take him to hospital in Tba for another procedure on his bladder. We had to be there by 6.15am! I was on my way home again by 6.45; he stayed two nights in hospital.

Thursday 12th I was back in Tba returning the trial pair of hearing aids that I picked up last Friday; they worked a treat but at $10,000 they may be a little way away from being permanent fixtures in my ears. The technician adjusted the one I already own; it's much better than it was and is perhaps even a little too finely tuned! Some noises are VERY loud.

During the course of the week I cooked the savoury mince in batches and froze it and baked and worked.

On Friday 13th we packed up some of the chooks and a lot of the canteen gear and took two cars and a trailer load to Nanango - in the rain. Some other exhibitors were there as well, penning up.








We penned up 20 birds after prettying up their legs and combs.








Madam came with us but wasn't allowed out of the car! She agonisingly watched proceedings from the front seat.





We came home and I iced the baked goodies.







Then went to bed.

No comments: