Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Last Few Days

We're on the countdown to the end of our holidays. We start back at work on Monday; G flies south for a few days to inspect agistment and feedlot cattle and I will head to the office to begin paper and cattle shuffling for the 2014 year.

This is the very big block of cement on the bottom of the pole from the yards. It's gone to the dump.


This is what I'm enjoying reading. I really need to get out and ride my bike more. This year's Cycle Qld goes from Agnes Waters to the Sunshine Coast. I plan on pedalling in my third CQ.


We heavily mulched the Spartans. Actually, we've heavily mulched every tree we've planted.


Tomatoes in Permaculture 1.


Someone was late for breakfast.


The flock spends the morning resting in the shade of the trees near the water trough. In the afternoon they head down to the other end of the paddock.


I planted a passionfruit vine at my silkie pen. I wanted to plant a choko vine over the pen next door but they're not in season until March.


I planted the 7 dark purple agapanthus in the tree line between the bottle trees and kurrajongs. They're small now but will look great once they get a bit of size about them and begin to multiply.






My Xmas bird feeder.


My Xmas cart. It's a great little vehicle and I've used it a lot already.


No comments: