Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Quiet One

Last weekend was quiet; just the way I like it. K&D came to visit on their way home from a trip; they had their new van and they parked it just outside the garden and slept in it. We ate like kings (they both thought it was like coming to a B&B). We had patty cakes, honey soy chicken wings for 5 o'clocks one day and fresh prawns the next. We had wagyu and chopped up fried veges one night and wagyu OP rib steaks and y-bone and veges the next. K thought his OP was the best piece of meat he'd EVER EATEN. We pulled weeds and cemented in the shed.

The boys pottered around and finished a few jobs. We all did the tree watering. On Sunday, Gibbo played in a cricket comp and K went along and ended up helping to cook the bbq. I took D into the village to show her around; we went to the community centre art gallery and the community garden. I spent time still catching up on 2013 365.




I have an iPod with some great music on it but I don't play it very often. While I cooked, I listened. Showing my age.








I moved carts of old hay from the cattle yards into the chook pens.










The newly planted bottle trees are loving their new home; fresh growth like this is on all three.


G flew to CQ on Monday. Drew is having a wonderful time. Meg is making big plans. I booked a cruise for March. Can't wait for that one.

No comments: