Monday, January 6, 2014

Holidays are Over

Back to work today after a scorching few days. I spent Saturday in Twba with Meg, sitting in her aircon and catching up on my 2013 365 (and having thai beef penang for lunch). I had thought twice about doing a 365 for 2014 (my fourth) but I do enjoy the creativity of it so will keep going.


Yesterday G and I put 3t of water (3 trips) into the new tank in the top paddock to stop it blowing away in a big storm (predicted for the next few days) until he finds time to plumb it in and fills it.


There was a heavy smoke haze towards the Bunyas. I watched it from up the ladder whilst holding the fire fighting unit hose in the tank hole.



Farm Dog No 1 watched encouragingly from the back of the car. Farm Dog No 2 laid on the back seat. It's hot for dogs too.


J came and did some welding. I record these things for future reference.

The mesh on the gate is now permanent. The wire and baling twine have gone.


The frame for the sheep trough is in place, welded and cemented, awaiting it's cover.


The yards are almost secure again; a few minor adjustments and all will be finished.


I think I've mulched and covered these guys with shade cloth a little too late - I've got fried green tomato plants from Saturday's heat.


The pond and her plants love having the sprinkler on low - the water hits the hessian bags and falls gently over everything.


We laid one roll of black weed mat over some of the permaculture pathways. After a few days in the hot sun I'll cover it with a thick layer of bark chip.


We also did a little plumbing at the new house tank to create a first flush overflow.

No comments: