Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's a New Year

and some things never change. I went fencing this morning. Now that Drew has gone I've resumed my position as the resident apprentice/labourer/gofer. If you need a tie wire girl, I'm her. I'll also offer you advice as to whether your posts are straight or not. It's entirely up to you whether you choose to take my advice. Ahem.

I managed to get most of the bulbs planted over the last few days, some around the wisteria and a bunch in a line in the big garden, just in front of 9 agapanthus from the old house. I gave Mum 50 bulbs to take home.










I took a walk up the back late this afternoon and met the cows galloping down the laneway towards me. They'd discovered the open gate near the tank (where the fencing is happening) and thought they'd make their bid for freedom. Not sure what I would have done if I'd been at the house and seen 50 cows and calves running past. While I'm offering you advice on whether your posts are straight or not, I can also give you some advice on closing gates. My advice is free. I don't charge for it. Although sometimes I think I should. Like when I suggested that we should put water down the hole where the cemented-in post at the yards wouldn't budge. The kind neighbour who brought his tractor over this morning said to do that before he got there. The post is now out of the ground. So is the enormous chunk of concrete that it was attached too. You can thank me later.




We had a beautiful pink sky to end the day.


Hopefully the new fence will be completely finished tomorrow and we'll have the extra paddock for rotation.

No comments: