Sunday, June 3, 2012

What We Did Today

We went to the farm! Gibbo started on the hole for the new gate strainer.


Mum, Mate and Peter came for their first look and were suitably impressed. Mum, Meg and I walked through the house working out where to put some of the furniture. G picked up the two remaining cows and dropped them into one of the front paddocks. He took Doug down to have a look around and they serviced the bore pump. Poofy had a couple of trips in the back of the ute, playing Farm Dog. Desley, Ken and Pam came out from Tba for a tour and we spun around in the wet - 20mls worth. Tonight we had a birthday dinner for Meg with pumpkin soup, wagyu steak, potato bake, coleslaw, onion and mushrooms and CAKE! The Reynolds' came out too. Just as we were about to sit down to eat I went to hand some plates out - I looked towards the door and saw THIS............there he was, just standing there all nonchalant like. He came for Meg's birthday tomorrow!


He got a lift home with Nat. I wondered how he got out here - and it was explained. Just before G went to  cook the steaks he said he'd had a phone call and had to go to the yards and let some late arrival cattle in. Ken and Dave had to cook. After a while I commented that Gibbo seemed to be taking a long time; I rang to see if something had gone wrong but didn't get a response. Not long after that he walked in and that's when I went to hand out the plates - and saw Drew standing inside at the other door!! Gibbo had raced to town to pick Drew up - that's why I thought he was taking a long time! You know that split second when your mind can't comprehend what your eyes are seeing - yep, that was totally me. All I could do was scream Arrrggghhh! I was duped real good. I'm not usually duped easily but they got me good this time - and I don't mind a bit!


No comments: