Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's Begun


It's a rather crappy photo but I wanted to record the first of many gardening sessions. I figure if I do a little bit often, I'll have it just right by the time we move. I don't intend to have a garden anywhere near the scale of the one I look after (or don't look after) now. My plan is to mulch most of the gardens (the ones that only have trees) and to concentrate on the area just out from the stone paved outdoor area. The vege garden will be a focus too as will planting a couple more fruit trees in the "little orchard". I'll make a herb garden near the back of the house.

Bonus: after only a few minutes of pruning I found a little sprinkler.


I spent half an hour in the house while Gibbo worked on the front gate. I just stood in the cold and quiet and visualised how our furniture will fit. I imagined this here and that there and then moved them around in my mind. Surprisingly, I think most of it will fit. I came home and measured several things so I can see if my minds eye is as good as the tape measure.

Tonight I've cooked a carrot cake and marinated meat for tomorrow's visitors - 15 butchers from Korea. Next year when they come it will be someone else's responsibility to feed them (I hope). We'd best lock Peppie up or she may disgrace us. It was bitterly cold here today and tomorrow is reported to be worse! BBQing on the lawn should be fun. Not.

No comments: