Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Planting

We didn't make it to the farm yesterday what with the poultry show and visitors last night. I mixed feed and rode this morning, had an early lunch then drove the 20 minutes to Woodlawn. I checked on these girls - 10 new additions purchased last week at the local saleyards, all in calf. It's good to have some cows again; they quickly met up with the charolais mother and calf.





Is there anything more beautiful than a soft angus face with that mop of hair and the nose swirl?


My first herb planting - parsley and oregano in the garden bed between the garage and the back door.



I did a little spraying around the edges. We have a few ownership issues in our family so I like to let everyone know what's mine - so that when I go looking for it next time, it will be where I left it.


I resurrected my ancient iPod Mk I - I had it playing loud on shuffle as I tried to remove the glue left behind from the wallpaper in Meg's room.


When I went outside to start spraying the battery died.....I nearly think the poor old brick (compared to the latest models) is obsolete. It might be time for a new one.


I drove home in the afternoon sun, thinking about the weekend, planning my week at work and looking forward to next weekend. Life is good. Hope it stays that way.

No comments: