Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Butchers

Our guests arrived, ate everything and then left again! They piled out of the bus and then dispersed to all corners of the yard and beyond! We even saw some wandering around over at Gibbo's chooks on the opposite side of the yard to where they pulled up. They were very curious. I felt very humbled when one of them told me, "you have a beautiful house".

They ate the entree so quickly that I didn't even get a chance to photograph it! The old marble score 8 marinated in a delicious mix that includes mustard and red wine vinegar - delicious - and always, always very popular.

Due to the projected cold and wind we moved from the lawn to the verandah.  Due to their proximity to the house, I mopped, cleaned windows, and scraped the bore water shale from the toilet bowl; how impressive of me. As far as the weather goes it turned out to be a reasonable day.





The entree disappearing......rapidly.......


Here's lunch.......







The Steak Man.......just don't touch his knife......


I've mastered the carrot cake; I just need to learn how to cut it so that it doesn't look butchered.




Poofy was so well behaved; Coco got lots of pats; Peppie was locked up. When Gibbo went to let her out this evening she brushed past him with a toss of her head and a swish of her little tail. Not happy.


As the group left they all turned to me and waved and smiled and said things I couldn't understand but that I imagine were Thankyou; one man rubbed his belly and pretended to go running. There were quite a few thumbs up too. They left well fed and satisfied.

Most groups come bearing gifts. These are Number 1 biscuit!


And check this out! It will come in handy....






No comments: