Friday, May 11, 2012

Famous Last Words

My recent decision about keeping the goat girls together proved to be a little premature. Only days later I was left immobile for several minutes after Peach whacked my left knee with the point of one of her horns. The pain was so intense that I saw stars and felt cold and clammy - I didn't know whether I was going to faint or vomit or both. In the end I did neither.

Upon reflection I came to the conclusion that Peach would have to go. After a few phone calls we found a home for her at a goat farm about 40 minutes from here. She will spend a couple of days in a pen on her own then 2 or 3 other females will be put in with her. After a week they will all return to the main herd (where she will probably go on to be boss)!

I wasn't going to go home and watch her leave but I got a message from G to say he needed help lifting her into the back of the ute so I had no choice.




Peppie wasn't sure what was happening.


Defiant to the end.............still trying to bunt me as I went to pat her goodbye.


Bye bye Peachie.....


And then there was one.................

No comments: