Sunday, November 13, 2011

This Morning

We fed the goats....


 Peppie checked out Meg's new camera.
I let loose the box of compost worms that I bought in Toowoomba yesterday.



 I soaked the hessian bags overnight.




 I hope this isn't the last I ever see of them!
 I fed them.
 Covered them with newspaper...
 and the hessian bags, and left them. Even after an hour the bags were a bit warm and steamy so I'm hoping I haven't cooked the worms. This is a bit of an experiment; time will tell whether the worms are happy to stay here or whether I should have put them in a more traditional compost bin.
 I planted more veges - radish and mixed capsicum.
I also planted out the new mini Roma tomato plant because...........
I was SO SURE that the punnet of tomatoes I planted weeks ago were Romas.........but from these photos either I misread the label or the plants were mislabelled. These sure don't look like Romas to me!

 I discovered the shockingly eaten cabbages - big fat green grubs crawling all over them. They've decimated the hearts of the cabbage and might only be good for chook food now. Well the chooks will be happy.


 Ali, this is the fertiliser I use every two weeks.
 The flowers that remind me of my girlhood living at "Doomben".
I bought terracotta garden markers. They look rustic in the garden.




 This little watermelon is making his way out through the wire.
 Poofy hitched a ride!



No comments: