Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Look Who We Found at the Airport!!!!!

Gibbo played cricket on Sunday while I worked! I wanted to get a few things out of the way so that I could go to Brisbane on Monday without thinking about the office. In the evening I started tracking Meg's flights across America (two of them) and then the LA to Brisbane leg. I breathed a sigh of relief each time I saw that her plane had taken off; she left Chicago an hour and a half late but that didn't matter too much - it still allowed her enough time in LA to collect her bag and head to the new gate.

Gibbo and I spent Monday afternoon at head office then had tea at Sizzler at Toowong - our last meal together before our kids start to come home!

I woke at 4 on Tuesday morning and couldn't go back to sleep. We got to the airport at 7.30 and I sat and waited for that familiar face to emerge from the bowels of customs and immigration. About 8.20 - SHE EMERGED - and proceeded to look right, then left, then right again.......and went to walk up the path to the right. I was standing RIGHT THERE, in front of the sliding doors, with a sign........and she DIDN'T SEE ME!!!!
I could nearly have reached out and touched her to attract her attention - (because by that time I couldn't actually speak)!! I stuck out my hand and stupidly waved it at her and made some sort of squeaking noise (duh) and then she turned and saw me. We laughed and hugged and laughed some more. Gibbo captured it all from further down the corridor but the camera wasn't on "auto" and he's not so good with cameras! So this is what we ended up with to commemorate Meg's homecoming!!






We talked and laughed all the way home and picked Chris up in Toowoomba. He has come back to live with us and work in the office until he goes back to Uni in Feb/March to start the last two years of his architecture degree.

There was lots to show and share - after some more reunions of course!

 Opening the parcels that arrived weeks and weeks ago (the ones that we weren't allowed to touch)!







 My birthday present - a beautiful soft alpaca wool scarf from Drew and some lovely earrings from Greece from Meg - that match a ring she wears! Two of my favourite things from my two favourite people!
And just look at these!! It just wouldn't be Megan if she didn't buy herself a pair of shoes!! Actually, she bought two pair!! Aren't they beautiful?


 Then last night the story of Andrew's five lamb ewe was on the Brisbane Channel 9 news!
We had lasagne and garlic bread for tea - requested by Chris. We finished the meal off with creamy caramel ice-cream (well Gibbo didn't).

My world is turning more smoothly on it's axis now that I have my daughter home and it's great to have Chris back with us too. They've made it home safely after four months trekking around the world, seeing everything famous along the way and creating some great moments and memories. Now I just have to patiently wait another 70 days before I see the other half of my heart again! We miss you Drewy. 

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Well, there are tears here too!
Welcome back Meg (and Chris). I absolutely love the shoes, need to see them on of course.
Now, only 70 more sleeps!