Saturday, November 23, 2013

Nasty Needles

Much and all as it's nice to go away swanning around the country it's equally good to stay at home and get some jobs done. I booked up my local garden labourer and his chainsaw this morning for a couple of hours and between us we achieved great things. (I also booked him up for some housework but that didn't eventuate - from either of us. There's always tomorrow).

The palm fronds have particularly nasty spikes on them where the branch meets the trunk. Very nasty. I heard a lot of "aarrgghh" and "ooohhh" sounds coming from within and a fair degree of swearing too - I thought Pirate Pete was in there. It seems my labourer got stung quite a lot.

Cleaning out the branches has opened the space up beautifully; it looks so much neater.






There's Pete now!


Two big loads went to the dump, precariously balanced on the trailer but tied down with straps. Loading it up was nasty work.




As always, there was a helper.


No comments: