Monday, October 28, 2013

Pond Love and Big Red

The pond is up and running; well, it's full and it has a few randomly placed pots of herbs around it. I'm thinking I'll plant a nasturtium over the mesh to provide some shade to the water.


Chloe inspected it (while Poofy got a pat in the background. He has had a proper vet haircut).


I think she approves.


Last week went by fast. We went to a funeral on Friday where Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody opened the service and The Travelling Wilburys' End of the Line closed it; the father of Drew's best friend from school passed away at forty-nine. A heart attack. I finished one of my recent posts with the line "Life goes on". Well actually, sometimes it doesn't. A reminder for me for a bit of "carpe diem".

Meg made a fleeting visit home yesterday, arriving about 5pm with a pork roast in hand. We were scheduled to have goat leg roast but she refused to eat any part of Lightning McQueen. That's ok Meg, pork is my favourite meat anyway.

Drew spent the weekend working bar at the Indy 600 at the Gold Coast, in amongst the "bogans and ferals" - his words, not mine. We booked his Geneva flights last Thursday.

The weaners have quietened and are well behaved. I was able to lock them up on my own tonight. Two ended up escaping that first full day.

We candled eggs last night. From the 71 we brought home from Victoria, 60 are fertile and going - including 8 silkies from my silkie man, Ian. Am really looking forward to seeing what hatches.

Big Red has come to visit for a little while (well, Little Big Red). He has run out of feed at his home plus we want to mate Pepper and Rosie. At this stage, things aren't going so well. Pepper just keeps beating the crap out of him; poor little fella can't stand still for long without her chasing him and trying to bunt him. I'll get a photo tomorrow.

No comments: