Saturday, October 5, 2013

Garden Stroll

The tomatoes are small but looking good. I can't remember the breed but that doesn't matter so much. I love to watch them grow.




The pond garden is slowly taking shape. I keep mulling over in my mind just how I want it to look. Small steps.


The scratchers are doing their job. I've been throwing in lots of dirt/feedlot manure/ lucerne scrapings and kitchen scraps for them to work over. They scratch so vigorously that a lot of what I throw in ends up outside the pen. No matter; I'll just rake it back in to the confines of the circle once I move them on.


The original cos lettuce have gone to seed and are really tall; I take leaves off each day for the chooks; it's a great way to supply greens. I watered during the week using the manure tea, diluted.


Three little old english game and two black silkies were born last weekend.


We fenced all day today, up at the pig compound. My hands are very sore from the tie wire job. I took photos but they corrupted when I downloaded them; will have to take some more tomorrow.

We have a busy week ahead getting ready to go away to Geelong for the annual cattle conference that we attend each year; after 9 years G is getting off the Council. Hooray. We're staying in Vic for a week of sightseeing and plan on driving the Great Ocean Road and having a spa experience at Daylesford. Looking forward to a week away with G.

1 comment:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

Sounds like some fun coming up for you...I actually read another blog based in Daylesford