Saturday, August 11, 2012

Parcels and Gifts

These arrived yesterday - I also bought one for Leona and Kat - Kat rode with me last year but isn't coming this year because she's booked herself and her daughter on a trip to New York for Schoolies; Leona will ride this year with me.

Since last year's ride (and because of it) I've re-adjusted my attitude to riding. I no longer worry about how fast (or slow) I'm going or whether I go up a hill in a high gear. I just ride for the love of it and because it makes me feel good - and it definitely improves my outlook on life. It doesn't matter how long it takes me to ride the back road to Bell; what's important is that I come home again!


Three books, all the way from the USA - even with $20 postage they were STILL $20 cheaper than buying them here!!!


And this box arrived on the same day.






I am very sad to say that I lost my "jumble of charms" necklace some time last year, around October. I can't imagine how, because I very rarely took it off. Perhaps the cat has hidden it (just like it's hidden two of my favourite earrings). So I ordered a new set and a family disc. The charms aren't quite the same as on the old one - they're not as fine and the craftsmanship isn't as good - I suspect the maker has gone to a cheaper version of metal. However, I do like it and I'm happy to have my family with me all the time again.



No comments: