Sunday, August 12, 2012

Disaster McMaster!!

It's ages since I've done anything in the garden but this morning I took a little time and slowed down.

This is one of the lettuce trees - I let them go to seed and then pluck a few leaves each day for the silkies and barnies.


The secondary broccoli heads are still providing a meal.



Here's my friend, the one that follows me around each morning. He's having his say.


I've really neglected the tomatoes; I've been burying them in the straw bale compost pit - the worms are loving it. This morning I thought I should really get in and clean them up.


I decided to make Summer Sauce and picked some capsicum, broccoli, rosemary, basil, oregano and thyme as well.






I chopped and diced and sliced and put everything in the slow cooker so I could go for a ride without worrying about it being on the stove. It smelt fantastic.


Added onion and garlic - the only non home grown ingredients in the sauce (apart from salt, pepper and sugar).




Then I went to blend it - and had an absolute shocker!! The bottom fell out of the blender jug when I lifted it off the base - AND HOT TOMATO SAUCE WENT EVERYWHERE!!!!! The seal has come away from the bottom of the jug!





I did manage to salvage some of it by scraping it off the bench into another jug to cool then into containers to freeze.



I actually think it's a plot devised by Meg - she's constantly harping at encouraging me to buy a Thermomix!

No comments: