Thursday, August 23, 2012

Can't Wait

It's here! Arrived yesterday! My bike ride kit! I've done much more inside training this year, lots of interval training 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off - I have my ugly face on when I get to the end but it feels great and I can tell that I'm getting fitter.


I'm happy with my number too - it has an 8 in it - what a beautiful number - and the other two digits add to 8 - good fortune!! Bodes well for a good ride! I was happy with last year's number too - 365 - how appropriate considering my epic 365 book.

I've had a look at the elevation maps in the guide book; there's a few nasty looking inclines on a few days but if I can get through the mean looking one on the first day I think I'll be ok.

I turn 50 the day the we ride into Hervey Bay; it's only a 57km day, mostly flat with a "Half Way There Beach Party" that night. The campsite is on the Esplanade and the next day is Rest Day.

50. Geez. How did that happen?

No comments: